This month Jodi Lynn Anderson goes where no author has gone before via the release of Tiger Lily, a novel that tells the tale of the forbidden romance between Peter Pan, the boy who never wanted to grow up, and the fierce yet beautiful Tiger Lily; and readers are already swooning over the bewitching tale. Find out why you need to get your hands on a copy of this book ASAP, from a collection of the web’s best and brightest book bloggers!
1. Peyton @ The YA Bookcase on Lake Street says: “Anderson creates a story that manages to blend seamlessly with the original tale while creating a whole different feel to the plot. Her writing is very fast-paced and interesting, but also has enough detail to create characters that don’t just scratch the surface.” Read the full review
2. Nikki Wang @ Fiction Freak says: “Jodi Lynn [Anderson] masterfully weaves this story together so that both adults and teens will love this story and never want to put it down. Tiger Lily will keep you reading frantically until the very last page, the very last word. It was that amazing.” Read the full review
3. Julianna Helms @ The Reviews News says: “Tiger Lily has this addictive quality to it, kind of like a drug. It’s beautiful and sad and terrible and heartbreaking; it’s merciless and benign and desperate and raw. It’s feral: words that spill out in this incredibly gripping formation, hidden surprises waiting to spring and shock.” Read the full review
4. Crowinator @ Trapped Inside My Huge Chattering Head says: Tiger Lily “…is a very affecting read, but one that left me with a lingering sadness at how it turned out, even though it was in some respects a perfect ending. It’s beautifully written, and Anderson’s re-working of the Peter Pan legend (including many key moments we should all recognize but are woven in subtly) is unconventional and surprisingly realistic.” Read the full review
5. Coranne @ Short and Sweet Reviews says: “This story is unlike anything that is out for YA readers right now. I mean that. Yes, it is a take on a story that everyone knows. But Jodi Lynn Anderson takes everything we know about Peter Pan and twists it up to make something completely new. If you are a fan of Peter Pan, fairytales, or simply a book you will remember for years to come, pick up Tiger Lily. You won’t regret it.” Read the full review
6. VB @ Boekie’s Book Reviews says: “I don’t think I can ever think of The Lost Boys, Tinker Bell, Peter Pan, Wendy and Tiger Lily in the same way ever again…Incredibly well-written, and so worth the read.” Read the full review
7. Jenny @ Books to the Sky says: “This book was written so beautifully, that it was easy to lose myself in the enticing darkness that is Neverland.” Read the full review
8. Brooke @ Brooke Reports says: “Brilliant, beautiful, breathtaking, magical, and magnificent. I don’t even know how to explain the epicness that was this book. I can’t even pinpoint what exactly made it so fantastically great. I just…..can’t.” Read the full review
9. usagi. @ Birth of a New Witch says: “Jodi Lynn Anderson gives us a wonderful new look on the Pan narrative – and not through Tiger Lily’s eyes, but Tinkerbell’s on Neverland, the Lost Boys, and Tiger Lily as that partially antagonistic character…you have to give Tiger Lily a try.” Read the full review
10. Laura @ The Traveling Owl says: “Tiger Lily changed my views on Tiger Lily as a person. From the moment that I opened the book and read the inscription: For the girls with messy hair and thirsty hearts, I knew that I had always misjudged her. I knew that I had actually found a kindred spirit.” Read the full review
Tiger Lily is in bookstores now but you can start reading it here or watch the trailer below!