This is a guest post written by Sarah Mlynowski, author of TEN THINGS WE DID (AND PROBABLY SHOULDN’T HAVE).
To celebrate the paperback release of my novel TEN THINGS WE DID (AND PROBABLY SHOULDN’T HAVE) I put together my own list of ten things I did (and probably, maybe, definitely, shouldn’t have.)
Drum roll please…
1. Snuck out to a bar with my friends when I was fifteen. Drank too much, got sick, and somehow my dad found out everything. Then he called all my accomplices’ parents.
2. Cut my own bangs. My hair looked like it got attacked by a zipper.
3. Left my retainer in a napkin in the cafeteria. I can still smell the spaghetti and meatball bins I had to wade through to find it.
4. Overplucked my eyebrows senior year. Now I look surprised in all my prom photos.
5. Stuffed my cell in my coat pocket. It fell out and got run over by a taxi. Got a new one. Dropped my new cell in the bathtub. Did not get a new one. It works just fine—as long as I don’t dial the number 7 or need the letters C, D, or N to text.
6. Kissed two boys in one day. Got mono.
7. Used dish soap instead of dishwasher detergent in the dishwasher, causing a kitchen-wide bubble flood. Twice.
8. Missed the tip of my nose while applying sunscreen. Looked like Rudolf for an entire summer.
9. Washed my jeans with a twenty-dollar bill in the back pocket. Tried to tape it back together but was missing most of Andrew Jackson’s face.
10. Hid my diary in my underwear drawer. My little sister totally read it. Don’t lie Aviva, I know you did! But it’s okay—I read yours, too.
You did some things you probably, maybe, definitely, shouldn’t have done too, right? Wanna share them… on Facebook? Tell your friends the ten things you did (and probably shouldn’t have) and enter to win one of ten signed copies of the new paperback edition of TEN THINGS WE DID. I’m giving away one book every day for ten days, from June 13-June 22. And there’s even a grand prize for the person I think shares the BEST thing they did (and probably shouldn’t have) — a brand-new NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight AND a Nook cover that I’ve gotten some of your favorite authors to sign. Authors like Lauren Oliver, Jen E. Smith and David Levithan.
Visit the facebook.com/tenthingswedid, play the game and spill those secrets.
C’mon, you know you want to.